You will be asked to read the below conditions before confirming your agreement and booking your pool. Ticking to confirm that you have read the document is confirmation that you understand, and agree to the below conditions of hire.
Barefoot Birth Pools agrees to supply a pool as specified, for use as stated, to the named person and guarantees its operation for the period of hire. Please read before selecting the check box to confirm that you agree to the following:
I agree to hire from Barefoot Birth Pools, a pool as specified, at the agreed charge*, for the stated use and to comply with the conditions of hire as stated. I also agree that if no other arrangements are made, I will return it to Barefoot Birth Pools clean, dry and in full working order by the last day of hire.
*Please be aware that if the pool is cancelled after it has been dispatched the hire charge is not refundable and any partial refunds are at our discretion.
Our conditions of hire are as follows:
1) We are confident that the Birthing Pools leave our premises in perfect working order. You must follow all our assembly, filling and operating instructions as provided in the instructions/handbook. Failure to do so will invalidate the guarantee.
2) It is the responsibility of you the hirer to ensure the safety of all those involved in the use of the pool and to make sure that the building in which the pool is placed is suitable for the purpose, e.g. is weatherproof and can take the weight of the pool. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, we do not accept liability for any consequential loss or damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever which may arise out of or in connection with the hiring and use of one of our pools. In all other events our liability is limited to return of the hire charge.
3) Any fault or failure of the pool must be reported to us immediately and no attempt to repair it without our authorisation. Any use of the pool for purposes other than those stated in the contract will invalidate the guarantee.
4) The guarantee above covers the repair or replacement of any faulty part. When a pool has been collected from us, the faulty item must be returned to us for attention. If a fault causes the pool to be unusable for the birth itself then a full refund will be made. However, the pool must have been inflated and tested within three days of it receipt otherwise the refund is discretionary.
5) The pool must remain at the address provided and in your possession unless otherwise agreed by us. You are responsible for the pool during the duration of the hire period unless otherwise agreed with us.
6) In the event of a cancellation less than 1 week before the beginning of the hire date, we reserve the right to charge the full hire fee depending on the notice period provided. If the pool is cancelled after it has been dispatched the hire charge is not refundable and any partial refunds are at our discretion.
7) You are responsible for anticipating the date of your baby's arrival. Refunds cannot be made if your baby arrives prior to the pool, or if the pool cannot be used in labour due to unforeseen medical or midwifery directed changes of circumstance. We do not offer partial refunds for pools returned early or unused.
8) We wish to make it clear that the pool has a capital value which means that if for any reason you cannot return it or it is returned unusable at the end of the hire period we will deduct any charges from your deposit. Also, the hire period will extend until we have a replacement pool ready to hire out. This also applies to damage or missing accessories such that we will charge you for the replacement parts at cost price.
9) As per our guidelines pools must be cleaned of any stains/marks immediately and it must be fully dry before repacking. The emptying pump must be fully drained and packed away from the pool so as to prevent damage, and all other packing guidance followed. A charge will be deducted from the damage retainer for pools returned not meeting our packing guidelines. We will inspect the pool on return and return the retainer by post/refund within seven working days.
10) We make no claim as to the medical or other benefits from the use of our pools and remind all those using them that it is their own decision as to whether the pool is appropriate for their particular use or desire.
Throughout these conditions, the term pool means the birthing pool and all its subcomponents and accessories.
Official sponsor of the ‘Birth You In Love’ project – Preferred supplier for Home Birth Supplies – Winner & Finalist in Fenland Business Awards 2012/15